I was sick last week and it seemed to me it needed to be addressed.
The Word of God clearly states that "we are healed by the stripes of Jesus" (Isaiah 53). It says that "He sent His word and healed them" (Psalm 107).
Healed Them. Healed Us. Healed You. Healed Me.
I believe without a doubt that it's true. God does not lie. He cannot lie. So then why are we still sick? Why can't we, His people, get our healing?
I believe that Jesus provided healing for us in the Atonement. He was beaten half to death and suffered horribly to do just that before He died on the cross, and it has all been recorded for our benefit.
Therefore we must believe it and act on it.
So, why don't we act on it when we know it's true? I think one reason is that it's hard work to bring healing into the physical realm. It takes concentration and energy, and too many times we are too distracted by everything going on around us.
I have found that the best time for me to fight for my healing is in the middle of the night, when I'm the only one awake and everything is quiet, or when I'm home alone without distractions.
I learned this a number of years ago when my husband came down with a very sore throat and was very sick with all the accompanying symptoms. A few days into this sickness I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat, and my first thought was, "Now I'm going to get sick, too!" Then I caught myself and my next thought was, "No, I'm not!" and I spent the next 15 or so minutes fighting against the symptoms. Since I didn't want to wake the rest of the family, I did my warfare under my breath and in my mind. I spoke the Word of God, repeating all the healing scriptures I could remember, and also refusing the sickness with my own words in the name of Jesus. I spoke to it as if it were a person. And I also spoke to my own body and commanded it to line up with the Word of God and be healed. After the 15 minutes I didn't just go to sleep and later woke up healed. The symptoms didn't just slowly fade away. I actually felt something leave my body through the wall of my throat. Then I went back to sleep and woke up in the morning feeling fine.
This incident taught me that it actually works. I've done it many times since then and have had great success. And, of course, I have also been sick many times. Sometimes it seemed like the sickness sneaks up on me and takes me by surprise. And when that happens, I don't even think about fighting it, only about how bad I feel. And I have noticed that the best, most effective time to do the fighting is when the symptoms first appear, before they get a foot hold.
We are definitely in a war. Satan is a thief and a liar. He comes to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10), but we have the authority to stand against him with the Word of God and in the name of Jesus, and when we do, and are persistent, he has to flee.
Don't forget that persistence is very important. Keep knocking, keep seeking, keep asking. Don't give up! God's is faithful and His word is true!
Yes it is. Good word. Thank you.
ReplyDelete