The other day we went to visit an elderly friend who lives in the nursing home. She had had a massive heart attack and the doctor did not know why she was still alive. She is 92 years old and has lost most of her hearing and also most of her sight. She is also wheel chair bound, being too weak to get around on her own. She doesn't understand why she is still here, and neither does she want to be here. What she would like most is to go to heaven to be with Jesus and her husband. While we were there with her she received a phone call from a family member, and at one point in the conversation we heard her say, ".... if I have a heart attack I hope it's a good one!" Well, it sounded funny, but we understood what she meant. She is looking forward to heaven where there is no sickness or disease. No one is blind or deaf, crippled or lame. She would just like to hear Jesus say, "Well done, good and faithful servant, enter into your rest."
That day can't come soon enough for Wilma.
I think that's beautiful. I can't imagine what it feels like to be so confident that you have fulfilled your life on this earth that you're fine with leaving anytime.
ReplyDelete