I found this phrase in 2 Corinthians 1:12 and I know that this is how I want to live. The word "simplicity" simply means "the opposite of duplicity", and since the word "duplicity" means "deceitfulness in speech or conduct" there is no question which way I want to live.
"Sincerity" literally means "judged by sunlight", and my Bible commentary has described it in words we can all understand: "transparent honesty, genuine purity, manifested clarity, and unsullied innocence. It describes one who does not fear thorough examination of his motives and intents, because he has nothing to hide".
Not only do I want to be judged by sunlight, but also by Sonlight. I want to walk in the Light of the Son of God, and some day I want to hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant", because of how I lived.
This may not seem like a very difficult assignment to some people because they are already "open books", but to someone who did not grow up with open conversations about anything and everything, it can be very intimidating.
I am keenly aware of the fact that I am very far from being perfect. I have many flaws and I need and want to be conformed to the image of Jesus, and I am so thankful that He is still working on me, and hasn't given up, because I am still just a Lump of Clay.
really beautiful explanation, mom. i really really like it.
ReplyDeleteis it ok if i share your blog with my friends?
Not only do I greatly appreciate your stand here but,I am here to say that you are doing a pretty good job living up to you desire.
ReplyDeleteI should know, since I have been married to you for over 36 years.=)
I really love the way you put that! very simple!
ReplyDelete